Starkey University Workshop
This two-day session will be offered once a year in July. It is open to all university faculty and their Au.D. students from first to fourth year.
Welcome Session and Product Training
Participants will gain exposure to the world of manufacturing, custom modifications, earmolds and more.
Introduction to modern hearing aid technologies and training
- Introduction to technology
- Wireless solutions
- Invisible solutions
- Counseling tools
- Software training
- Competitive benchmarking
- Research strategies
- Modifications workshop
- Deep Insertion impressions
- Campus tour
- Ability to program and fit a variety of hearing technologies.
- Proficiency with state-of-the-art software and counseling tools effectively and appropriately.
- Familiarity with the competitive landscape in hearing technology today.
- Understanding of an evidence-based approach to hearing aid technology and design.
Eligibility and Application
This program is available to all Au.D. students and faculty and can be completed multiple times. All students and graduates wishing to attend the Starkey Entrepreneurial Audiology Program must first complete this Starkey University Workshop.
- Starkey will defray the majority of costs for participation in any class.
- Please note: Any cancellations after travel arrangements have been made will result in a cancellation fee.